It’s easier to clean up edges of the beds and sidewalks using a string trimmer rather by hand.
You also save more time in improving the overall appearance of your lawn.
What if you are short? Which weed wacker should you get?
Choose one with an adjustable shaft so you don’t hurt your back.
It also makes it easy to hold and maneuver.
For short people (less than 6′), a curved shaft would be ideal as it can be held lower to the ground.
The curving design prevents you from holding the trimmer at an awkward angle.
The only problem with a curved handle is that it is difficult to trim bushes and under low trees.
Here are top string trimmers for short people.
- Lightweight to save your back. It’s light enough for an old lady with hand arthritis to handle.
- Adjustable short handle for comfort. It’s great for anyone who is less than 5′ 4″ tall.
- Easier to use than gas trimmers.
- The wheels reduce the load off your arms. They are handy when trimming along the curb, sidewalk, and driveway. They help you keep a straight line and uniform height.
- Works on thick weeds.
- Runs on 20V MAX lithium battery. No need to deal with gasoline or electric cords. No fumes mean less air pollution.
- Safety button on the trigger.
- Foldable for compact storage (if you have small spaces, this is a plus point).
- Easy to assemble, use (even for a 4-year-old kid) and maneuver
- The battery cannot last long (about 45-60 minutes) especially if you have a big yard or thick grass. To solve this issue, get another battery.
- The lithium battery has to be fully drained before recharging.
- For heavy weed wacking, the tilting lock will not hold. So, you need to keep adjusting the angle.
- Spool line breaks often. It’s a hassle to detach the line as it’ll adhere to itself inside the spool.
Hyper Tough 16″ Curved Shaft String Trimmer
This string trimmer would be perfect for individuals who are less than 5′ 10″.
- Easy to start.
- Lightweight (you don’t have to take a break in the middle of trimming).
- Heavy for some women.
- No place to attach a strap.
Southland Wheeled String Trimmer SWSTM4317
- Push around instead carried
- Low handle that is made for a short person
- Only takes a minute to go from mowing to the trimmer.
- Perfect for folks who don’t want to handle a heavy weed eater.
- Easy to use and start.
- Rotatable head gives access to obstacle areas.
- Difficult to use if you want to trim in tight areas.