Are you looking for garden carts for the seniors or the disabled?
Garden stools with wheels and rotating seats reduce the need for getting up and down often, whether you’re planting or weeding.
They also give you a place to rest and to store your gardening tools.
You can enjoy gardening despite your old age, limited mobility, joint pains, or impairment.
How to choose the best lawn carts for the elderly and the handicapped?
- Check the weight of the garden scooter. Is it light enough to maneuver through the garden or lift up?
- Look for lightweight materials such as plastic.
With these two things in mind, senior or handicapped gardeners will find it easier to roll the utility wagons around their yards while weeding or tending to their plants.
Best Garden Cart For The Elderly
Suncast Outdoor Rolling Garden Scooter – Durable Plastic Portable Garden Seat Rolls in Grass and Dirt – Carries Garden Supplies
Suncast rolling carts turn gardening for the elderly and handicapped into fun and practical outdoor activities.
- Material: Durable plastic body.
- 7″ resin wheels.
- The foam cushion doubles up as a seat or a kneeling pad.
- Removable storage bin to keep your gardening supplies.
- 2 drink holders.
- Pull strap with 360 degrees rotating clips on both ends to prevent tangling.
- Seat height from the ground: 13″
- Dimensions: 22.5″ x 12.25″ x 13″
- Weight: 8.91 pounds
Amazon Customers’ Reviews
- A 72 years old lady could enjoy tending her flower gardens with her newly-acquired Suncast garden cart with seat. Initially, she found it difficult to do gardening because of bad knees.
- One customer bought it as a Mother’s Day gift for her 82 years old mom. She loved it because she could put her tools inside and pull the garden cart with the strap.
- Depending on your weight, you may crack the internal supports when you sit down too hard (as most seniors do).
- It is not suitable for senior gardeners with long legs.
Pure Garden Garden Cart Rolling Scooter with Seat and Tool Tray for Weeding, Gardening, and Outdoor Lawn Care
Imagine wheeling yourself around the garden while sitting down. Yup. That is why you need the Pure Garden scooter.
- Material: Durable PVC plastic body and stainless-steel structure to withstand all climate conditions, whether rain or shine!
- 3″ sturdy plastic wheels that do not pop under pressure or puncture.
- The tool tray underneath the seat keeps small garden hand tools such as trowels, shears, spades, and gloves within reach.
- Light enough to lift and carry around.
- Seat height from the ground: 12″
- Dimensions: 18.5″ x 17.5″ x 13″ (L x W x H)
- Seat Dimensions: 11″ x 11.5″
- Tool tray dimensions: 16″ x 12″
- Weight: 7.25 pounds
- Weight limit: 200 pounds
Amazon Buyers’ Reviews
- One user bought Pure Garden seated garden wagon for her 84-year old mother-in-law as a birthday present. She could weed her flower beds without falling.
- Another customer with mobility issues could not work in the garden without it.
- A 72 years old female gardener with 3 artificial joints, severe scoliosis, and chronic back pain found this yard cart to be comfortable and sturdy. She didn’t have to bend over when pulling a bushel of weeds. It was easy to move the scooter around because it is light.
Ames Cart Lawn Buddy Poly
Ames garden cart is an excellent gardening assistant for anyone who struggles to get up and carry out simple gardening routines due to pain or stiffness.
- Material: Rugged, rustproof poly construction
- 7″ wheels
- The folding seat doubles as a pull or push handle.
- 3 storage compartments with a total capacity of 2 cubic feet.
- Seat height from the ground: 13″
- Dimensions: 26.5″ x 15″ x 14″ (L x W x H)
- Weight: 11.07 pounds
Amazon Users’ Reviews
- Ames lawn cart is large enough for a 70-year old arthritic gardener to lower down and sit with the aid.
- It was a fantastic garden helper for a 73 years old man, and he was only five feet tall. He used it for weeding and carrying bags of mulch and flower pots.
- A customer got it for her senior wife, who enjoyed scooting around in her garden. It was low enough for her to weed in a comfy seating position. She also loved the storage compartment.
- It helps an elderly mother who started having trouble with her hips and knees. Planting flowers was challenging until she received the Ames lawn buddy. She could roll around doing what she needed to do. According to her, the wagon was robust and didn’t have any sharp corners or edges.
- A disabled gardener scooted through her backyard with Ames. She mentioned that on hot days, the plastic tabs at the center of the body shell could break when shifting her weight. She also said that cheaper carts in the stores were nowhere near the quality of an AMES Lawn Buddy.
Gorilla Carts GCG-RGS Rolling Garden Scooter
Old folks can get all their gardening chores done without pain and discomfort. The 3-wheel design and no-flat tires help handicapped gardeners with limited mobility.
- Material: Heavy-duty, rust-resistant steel
- 10″ no-flat tires.
- Swivel seat for comfort and a wide range of motion.
- Adjustable heights from 12″ to 16″.
- A steering handle for mobility.
- A tool organizer and a bucket holder to keep your garden supplies at hand.
- Weight: 30.6 pounds
- Weight limit: 400 pounds
Amazon Users’ Feedback
- Most senior gardeners hate kneeling or sitting on the ground, then having to get off the ground to move. So, Gorilla utility wagon is excellent for them who prefer to pull weeds rather than using herbicides or wish to spend a longer time in the garden. It also saves their backs.
- An old female gardener found Gorilla garden cart to be sturdy and well made. Its marvelous seat helped her to stand. She liked the way it turned in any direction. It didn’t slide off as it rolled.
- Because Gorilla rolling scooter has only 3 wheels, it can tip over when used on sloped landscape.
- It is difficult to roll on grass or soft dirt while sitting on it.
Cheapest Rolling Garden Wagon For Aging Gardeners With Limited Mobility
Pure Garden 75-MJ2011 20″ Plastic Garden Storage Cart & Scooter
If you’re looking for an affordable, and yet a nifty utility cart, you can’t go wrong with Pure Garden 75-MJ2011!
- Material: Polypropylene
- 2″ solid plastic wheels.
- The lid makes a sturdy seat.
- Dimensions: 10″ x 21.5″ x 11.5″ (L x W x H)
- Removable Tool Tray Dimensions: 8.75″ x 14″ x 1.5″ (L x W x H)
- Storage Area Dimensions: 8″ x 15.5″ x 7.5″ (L x W x H)
- Weight: 5.9 pounds
- Weight limit: 220 pounds
Amazon Customers’ Feedback
- The Pure Garden plastic rolling garden seat was great for her elderly mom as it was lighter and easier to manage.
- Check the dimensions if the garden cart fits senior gardeners. A buyer felt it was too small for her elderly mother with a bad back. She could not stand up because it was too low.
Best Multi-Functional Garden Scooter For Senior Or Handicapped Gardeners
Miracle-Gro 4-in-1 Garden Stool – Multi-Use Garden Scooter with Seat – Rolling Cart with Storage Bin – Padded Kneeler and Tool storage
Do you love spending time in your garden? But you tend to end with pain after much bending over. Let Miracle-Gro 4-in-1 rolling cart helps your gardening chores without back pain!
- Plastic wheels
- 4-In-1 garden wagon – a spacious inner storage bin with dual locking sides, a sturdy seat, rolling wheels, and a soft, gentle foam kneeling pad.
- The tool legs double as support handles to help you stand up.
- It’s weatherproof, easy to clean, and UV protected (keep it lasting under constant sun exposure).
- Dimensions: 23.3″ x 11.8″ x 9.8″
- Weight: 4.4 pounds
- eight limit: 225 pounds
Amazon Buyers’ Feedback
- For senior gardeners, a long handle for the Miracle-Gro 4-in-1 rolling cart would be helpful. It will save your back because you don’t have to lift it and move it from place to place.
- If you are disabled, this garden scooter will reduce the amount of squatting in your yard.
Best Garden Dump Cart For Aging Or Handicapped Gardeners
For elderly or disabled gardeners who need to haul bags of soil, fertilizer, compost, or mulch, check out these lawn carts. They are more stable and easier to maneuver than a wheelbarrow.
AMES Easy Roller Jr. Poly Lawn and Garden Cart 3-Cubic Foot Capacity
- Ames is a heavy-duty lawn cart. One Amazon customer bought it to replace his Scott Rough Rider, which fell apart after a few years.
- One buyer got it as a gift for her 65-year old mom. She loved it as it moved smoother than her old dump wagon. But it was shallow for her.
- A 70 years old female, an arthritic gardener, was pleased with Ames. It was light enough for her to pull it around her yard without much effort. She also filled it with weeds and pruned branches.
- A 66-year old woman said Ames was durable. It rolled through the grass, thanks to its lightweight. Plus, it required no assembly.
Suncast LC1250D TRV131905 2-Wheel Resin Rolling Lawn Cart with Handle-15.5 Gallon Gar, Brown
- A disabled guy found Suncast to be light and easy to handle.
- A disabled senior in a wheelchair said she could push Suncast around easily. She was going to dump the top layer of old soil in the pots and weeds into the cart.
- Another user mentioned that it went over grass because it is light. It is must-have gardening essential for gardeners with disabilities.
- A few customers felt it is a handy tool for handicapped or elderly people.
Ergonomic Gardening Tools For Seniors
They keep hands and wrists in a natural position, so old folks don’t exert their joints. You’ll find them with longer handles and improved stability. These tools also reduce the need to bend and stoop.
Here are some of the best garden tools for the elderly.[content-egg-block template=offers_list limit=1 offset=8][content-egg-block template=offers_list limit=1 offset=9][content-egg-block template=offers_list limit=1 offset=10][content-egg-block template=offers_list limit=1 offset=11][content-egg-block template=offers_list limit=1 offset=12][content-egg-block template=offers_list limit=1 offset=13][content-egg-block template=offers_list limit=1 offset=14][content-egg-block template=offers_list limit=1 offset=15]